Monday, February 14, 2011

Questions Re: Police Search

I'm trying to find out how they were able to get the gun from the car without a warrant...maybe someone else has more knowledge of this than me. But I found an account online (doesn't cite any sources, so who knows) that provides some details I hadn't heard before:

"The gun which was used to beat and murder Shepard, as well as being the suspected weapon on Morales, was found in McKinney's pick-up truck as were also found Matthew's credit card, coat and shoes. Shepards' wallet would later be discovered at McKinney's home wrapped in a dirty diaper in a garbage pail.
Officer Clint Waters, responding to a vandalism call, spotted Henderson and McKinney as they got out of a black pickup and crouched down. Waters turned on the patrol car's lights and the two men bolted in different directions. Waters tackled Henderson a half-block away when the young man was slowed by hedges in a back yard. Police said Waters found a bloody .357 Magnum in the back of the pick up and asked Henderson if it had been fired. According to police, Henderson lauged and said, "I guarantee you won't find anyone with a bullet in 'em." What police found was a badly beaten Shepard, who died five days later."

Matthew Shepard's Assailants

No comments:

Post a Comment